Saturday, October 22, 2022

How I got The Hands avatar for free


full image - Repost: How I got The Hands avatar for free (from Reddit.com, How I got The Hands avatar for free)
So really funny story but I'll start at the beginningI remember this sub beeing totally against NFTs before receiving their first airdop. And then somehow people made a 180 degree turn which always made me question is this the minority of people trying to pump the price or can a whole sub change so much cause they received something for freeBut let's get back to reason why no one really cared for NFTs. Everyone was saying these are just overpriced jpegs. We all saw witty comments saying how they just took a screenshot. Everybody had a laugh etc. Good times, right?Anyhow, today I was looking at redditfloor.com and noticed that the bottom for The Hands is around $4k or 3 ETH. Which seemed to me like wtf, why would I give 3 of the second most valuable and popular crypto for a jpeg on blockchainSo I decided to do the same thing everyone thought was so amusing when we talking about other NFTs which got sold for ridiculous amounts. I took a screenshot of The Hands and voila it is now my new avatarHow does it look it? A bit smaller I guess but nonetheless the same. But it's not on blockchain, right? And you can't use various parts from different avatars. Well, it's 3 ETH cheaper so I think I'll surviveOk, now to the serious part. I will change my avatar within an hour as I don't want to raise any eyebrows and potentially break any copyrights even though this would, if that, fall under non-commercial use as it wouldn't be used outside of reddit avatar thingy for which it is intended. Tried finding some info on reddit but couldn't find anything that would apply to this situation. If someone has some info please point me to the right directionBut if I am not breaking any rules here then I would say, Houston we have a problem. And it's the same problem everyone saw when it came to any other NFT jpegs beside reddit onesI hope this won't trigger people who invested in these things or the artists as I have no benefit from this and could have used this avatar quietly and I am sure no one would have noticed. I am just trying to start a discussion, besides the usual discussions seen here when it comes to NFT avatars which is always that these things are the best thing to happen since the invention of the wheel. Everything else gets downvoted to hellAnd perhaps discuss some ways to circumvent this potential issue. Perhaps not allowing to use jpegs as avatars bit only real avatarsInterested in hearing your thoughts, both from people who are into NFT avatars and those who are not


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.