Thursday, July 18, 2024

97 GMC Sonoma project- begin with what?


full image - Repost: 97 GMC Sonoma project- begin with what? (from Reddit.com, 97 GMC Sonoma project- begin with what?)
Hey, so my 1997 GMC Sonoma v6 4.3 needs an overhaul so I can fumble through emissions and replace my stolen license plate, and just to be legal again. There are many things wrong with it, as it's been stolen 2.5 times. A brief history:The first attempted theft (Hense the .5) was a botch job- they tried to hotwire it but ultimately just froze the steering column. Had it replaced at a shop but I chose to NOT let the owner fuck me, so he replaced with a JANKY steering wheel/column that doesn't even have a horn, the airbag cover is like, fused to the steering wheel so I haven't even checked to see what's up with that, and the ignition is still the original that was mangled. I use a little toy airplane to start the truck. The door locks can be unlocked with any old object lying around. I have used a zip tie, finger nail, bottle caps, a twig, a hair clip, and once, I unlocked it by jiggling the handle and making a wish. The second theft was successful, and sometime during its 2 month hiatus, developed a severe short somewhere. Besides some major dents, the rear view being ripped off with enough force that the area where the mirror glue contacts the windshield was ripped off with the mirror. A chunk of glass. Wtf. Alternator, starter and battery replaced. Ran, but much worse for wear. Everything in the engine compartment is caked with oil and dirt, bad oil leak, mainly where the oil is poured in, subdued with gasket goop, is holding up. Plastic bolts that clamp the air intake thing shut are broken and missing, definitely not sealed. Almost everything in the engine compartment f and chassis us rusted, some places.fused with rust. Fluids in radiator reservoir are sludge, a swamp brown green color, and the sides of the reservoir have crystallized. It is dirty. Also, the catalytic converter was hacked out, muffler and all the pipes, gone. My ex put a straight pipe in for me, which reduced some of the loudness. Temp/oil gauges STAY at normal levels. I have now decided this truck is a unicorn, and loves me and will survive murder just to remain my companion. 3rd theft- they didn't know about the electrical issue, truck found hood up in a parking lot two nights later. New battery installed. More rubber and foam cushions disintegrated, truck sounds like every squeaky mattress sound sample available in the world is playing at once while some one shakes a coffee can full of bolts off to the side. Parts of my muffler system have reappeared under my truck since this theft. Very strange stuff. The sputtering upon acceleration is awful, so awful, that rather than say it sounds like enter comparison, I'm sure people around the world now use my truck to make comparisons.So, that brings us to now. I'm aware that unhooking the battery multiple times a day, every day, is bad for the computer, and can cause sputtering due to some kind of timing that can't sync properly. There's also the Other Probabilities:Air filter and intact thing- filter has never been changed, intake isn't level, and isn't sealedSpark plugs- I had been losing almost a quart a day- not anymore, but there is definitely oil on those plugsO2 Sensor - idk, but the hacked out Cat and the frankensystem going on under there now is probably confusing the hell out of the O2 sensor.Sensor.Something about the MAF sensor. I guess my question is, which check should I start with? Ultimately, I need to locate the electrical short, but for now, i has thinking the air filter?Advice please 🙏


Mining:
Bitcoin, Cryptotab browser - Pi Network cloud PHONE MINING
Fone, cloud PHONE MINING cod. dhvd1dkx - Mintme, PC PHONE MINING


Exchanges:
Coinbase.com - Stex.com - Probit.com


Donations:
Done crypto



Comments System

Disqus Shortname

Disqus Shortname

designcart
Powered by Blogger.