
full image - Repost: Does the G502 actually have onboard memory? (from Reddit.com, Does the G502 actually have onboard memory?)
Mining:
Exchanges:
Donations:
Hi, I recently bought a G502 Hero and it's a lovely ergonomic mouse with a ton of issues out of the gate regarding the macro buttons. Namely I hit them constantly when I'm web-browsing and it screws up my workflow and backs out of whatever webpage I was looking at. I am not a fan of having to install a bunch of software to reconfigure buttons.So I learned about Onboard Memory Manager, which is an EXE but my issue is that it seems to be completely reliant on Logitech's Ghub (which from what I gather reading online, is 100% complaints and nothing positive.) So OMM tells me that I have to enable onboard mode in Ghub. Fine, I install ghub and its services with the intention of switching it over and then getting rid of the software so that I can use it with OMM at my leisure, however. Ghub conflicts with my RGB software, which is annoying, and it requires closing down a service which then makes OMM completely forget the mouse settings that I LITERALLY JUST SET.If this mouse truly has onboard memory it should not be forgetting configurations that I just applied to the mouse that work only when Ghub is running in the background; which I do NOT want. It conflicts with SignalRGB (which will freak out and cause a plethora of issues either crashing or causing memory leaks.)Is there actually a way to use OMM with the G502 hero and not have Ghub installed or running in the background? If there isn't a way to do this, then Logitech truly does DEFY logic. You're a big company, I like the mouse ergonomics but this is absolutely ridiculous and drives me insane.Edit: To add context on why it bothers me so much, I have a $15 china mouse called a Perixx MX2000II and after configuring the profile with its software it will remember the programs that have been set between multiple devices and without having the software installed. This is what I expect of the G502 as well.
Social Media Icons